NOTE: Workshop has been postponed and WILL NOT be happening on October 1-4, 2015. We will update the web site with a new set of dates once we are able. Please send all inquiries via our contact page.
We are proud to announce that we are now accepting applications for our next sanitation workshop, which is scheduled for October 1st through the 4th of 2015 at the Columbiere Center of Clarkston, Michigan.
Benefits of this four-day workshop include:
- You will be provided with theory, instruction and hands‐on experience by AVFCW staff and a CAWST instructor
- Includes topics such as excreta management options (eco‐sanitation, sanitation promotion, excavating, lining and emptying pits), wastewater disposal, hygiene and solid waste disposal
- Explores the relationship between sanitation and health in developing countries
- Balances theory with practical sessions where participants will design and size pits, construct latrine slabs and hand washing stations
- Provides opportunity to create an action plan for future work in the field
The total cost for the four-day program, including full-board accommodation (three meals per day) is USD$560. Scholarships are available on a first-come-first-serve, merit-basis (apply here).
The event starts at 8:00am the morning of October 1st, 2015.
Download our PDF flyer to share with anyone you know that would benefit from the training that we provide.
Does this sound like something that you would gain from? Sign up by clicking here.