We are proud to announce that we are now accepting applications for our next sanitation workshop, which is scheduled for September 24th through the 28th of 2014 at the Columbiere Center of Clarkston, Michigan.
Benefits of this four-day workshop include:
- You will be provided with theory, instruction and hands‐on experience by AVFCW staff and a CAWST instructor
- Includes topics such as excreta management options (eco‐sanitation, sanitation promotion, excavating, lining and emptying pits), wastewater disposal, hygiene and solid waste disposal
- Explores the relationship between sanitation and health in developing countries
- Balances theory with practical sessions where participants will design and size pits, construct latrine slabs and hand washing stations
- Provides opportunity to create an action plan for future work in the field
The total cost for the four-day program, including full-board accommodation (three meals per day) is USD$550. Scholarships are available on a first-come-first-serve, merit-basis (apply here).
Please note that we will have an evening meeting on Wednesday, September 24th at 7:00PM. Although not required, it is highly recommended to attend this initial meet-up if possible.
Download our PDF flyer to share with anyone you know that would benefit from the training that we provide.
Does this sound like something that you would gain from? Sign up by clicking here.