The next Low-Cost Sanitation Workshop will be held from April 28th – May 1st, 2016 at the Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti, Michigan.
Benefits of this four-day workshop include:
- You will be provided with theory, instruction and hands‐on experience by AVFCW staff and a CAWST instructor.
- Covers topics such as water quality, hygiene, sanitation, disease transmission, household water treatment options and safe water storage.
- Participants will gain knowledge of the challenges facing developing countries as related to illnesses associated with unclean drinking water.
- Participants will construct all components, including concrete containers, sand media, diffuser basins and lids (for water filters), and concrete toilets (for sanitation).
- Provides opportunities to create an action plan for future work in the field.
Cost for attending the 4-day workshop (including classes, workshops, and all materials) will be $400, $200 for scholarship recipients (see below), and $30 for current Eastern Michigan University students and staff.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to apply for our AVFCW scholarship for this workshop ($200 discount), please click here.
To sign up for the course, please click here.
Download the informational flyer (PDF) here.