The next workshop will be on Water Testing & Treatment, and will be held from April 27th – 30th, 2017 at the Columbiere Center in Clarkston, Michigan. [fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]
This workshop will be split into two separate portions–you may choose to do both, or just do one or the other. The Household Water Treatment & Storage Workshop will take place on April 27th and 28th, while the Drinking Water Quality Testing Workshop will take place on April 29th and 30th.
Benefits of this four-day workshop include:
- You will be provided with theory, instruction and hands‐on experience by a CAWST instructor.
- Covers topics such as water quality, water testing methods, disease transmission, water treatment options, and safe water storage.
- Participants will gain knowledge of the challenges facing developing countries as related to illnesses associated with unclean drinking water.
- Participants will receive hands-on experience regarding water testing, using actual kits that are used in the field.
- Provides opportunities to create an action plan for future work in the field.
Cost for attending the entire 4-day workshop (including classes, workshops, three nights lodging, all meals, and materials) will be $760.
If you would like to attend only one of the workshops, the cost will be $465. Upon registering and payment we will be contacting you regarding which of the two workshops you will be wanting to attend.
- You may book an additional night’s stays (either pre- or post-workshop) for only an additional $35 (no additional meals included). Please contact us if you will need to make such arrangements.
- If you will be commuting (thus not needing breakfast or dinner meals), please let us know and we will discount your enrollment accordingly.
There are very few participation slots left. If you are interested in joining us please e-mail Peter Tanner directly for further details.
Download the informational flyer (PDF) here. (Please note that all scholarships–as referred to in the flyer–have been distributed at this time.)[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]